Dr. Gayle Sulik offers keynotes and workshops to colleges, universities, foundations, and professional organizations designed to address the issues most overlooked in awareness/fundraising campaigns. Her presentations provide thorough grounding for thinking through the complexities and perversions of a pink ribbon system gone awry. She also gives academic workshops on writing, social media, and how to engage in public scholarship.
For more information or to schedule an event, please send Dr. Sulik an email.
- #ReThinkPink: The Changing Landscape of Breast Cancer Advocacy
- The big business of breast cancer
- How breast cancer became one of America’s most popular brands
- From ta-tas to boobies bracelets: Is the sexualization of breast cancer helping women or the Cause?
- What is breast cancer awareness, and what could it be?
Breast Cancer Workshops
- Breast Cancer 101: How to create a game-changing breast cancer awareness campaign
- Evaluating philanthropy: How to know if your donations are going to the right place
- The breast cancer awareness pitch: How to deconstruct breast cancer ads and marketing materials
- Is public scholarship right for you? Thinking inside and outside the Academy
- Building bridges: Using social media to engage the “real” world
- Writing across audiences: What do you do, and how do you do it?
- From dissertation to book: Practical steps for breaking down the process and moving forward.